Well, it's official. Plans are well underway for this years Rum Runner Day's. It going to be bigger and better than ever!! That is of course, except for having no fireworks.
Anyone who has been out to the regular weekly meetings at the Municipal Office on Wednesday's @ 6:30 pm, (Note: open to the public at all times) knows what's been going on behind the scenes. If you haven't been there, maybe you have seen the tentative flyer?
If not, let me give you a run down on the plans.
First, the new rules and guidelines:
- No random camping allowed. At all!! That is "no random camping" within the boundaries of the Municipality of the Crowsnest Pass. It WILL be strictly enforced.
- Camping will be allowed only in designated camping areas around within the Municipality of the Crowsnest Pass. If you allow camping in your own yard, that is your business, within reason.
- Out-of-town parking will not be allowed in Blairmore, on the Saturday July 21st, 2012, from abut 9:00 a.m. until about midnight. All out-of-town vehicles will be directed to one of several designated parking spots, East and West of Blairmore. A shuttle bus service will be provided to take people into Blairmore on the Saturday. There will be at least four buses running round trips to take people back and forth from the designated parking spots.
- Local people, living and residing within the Municipality of the Crowsnest Pass will be issued permits, to enter Blarimore, in order to facilitate shopping, work, etc. Each household will be allowed a set number of permits. If you live here, you will get a permit.
- This is a family oriented event. There will be a zero tolerance for alcohol outside of designated areas: Legion, local bars, Lion's Hall, beer garden's. This will be strictly enforced by the RCMP and Peace Officer's.
- Most tickets for events will be sold online, on the Rum Runner Day's website. CLICK HERE for a list of events, times, tickets, camping, etc.
Okay now onto the list of events:
Thursday July 19th, 2012
- Big M Shows & Carnival to set up on main street green space, as in years past.
- Early Vendor set up on main street green space.
- 8th annual Green & Gold Bill Fukami Memorial Golf Tournament @ CNP Golf & Country Club.
- Crownest Wine and Food Festival, 8:00 p.m. - 11:00 p.m. @ Elk's Hall Blairmore. Featuring local food, wine, musical performers and a display of art from local artists. Advance tickets available online (Rum Runner Day's website) and at the door. Limited amount available, so get yours online fast.
Friday July 20th, 2012
- Vendor set up main street green space.
- Blairmore Main Stage ISS Field and main stage:
- Afternoon children and family
- Karaoke fun, 4:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
- Beer Gardens - back corner ISS Field - 6:00 p.m. to approx. 12:30 a.m.
- Evening concert - The Paxton Bachman Band (son of Tim Bachman and nephew
of Randy Bachman of BTO and the Guess Who fame). From 8:30 p.m. - 12:30 a.m.
Tickets available online soon on the Rum Runner Day's website.
- RBC Sole Survivor Foot Race. Registration at Elk's Hall 7:30 p.m. Race at 8:00 p.m.
- Blairmore Legion Branch #7. Friday night supper and 50/50 draw.
Saturday July 21st, 2012
- Blairmore Lion's Club Pancake Breakfast 8:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. @ Lion's Hall main street Blairmore. $7.00 plate. Everyone welcome!!
- Vendor set up, main street.
- Midway rides and games, all day & evening.
- Rum Runner Day's Parade - Main Street Blairmore. Judging at 10:00 a.m. Parade @ 11:00 a.m. on main street.
- After the parade: Annual Show ‘n’ Shine main street Blairmore.
- "Who's Yer Daddy" will be playing classic rock in Gazebo Park after the parade.
- Other potential ideas to happen on Main street: pie-eating contest, log-sawing contest, nail-hammering contest and a barrel rolling contest
- Also after the parade - Blairmore Legion Branch #7 Hamburgers, Hot Dogs & snacks.
- The Ducks are back!!! Rum Runner Day's 2nd Annual Duck Race. Center Access Bridge in Blairmore @ 1:00 p.m.
- Afternoon Hillcrest Ball Diamonds: Co-Ed Slo-Pitch Tournament:
- Saturday evening at the Blairmore Legion, Pure Power Wrestling.
- ISS Field & Main Stage:
- 2:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. - Kid’s activities, fun for all
ages! Our very own Charli Jaenta - Facepainting, Tarot Card and Crystal Ball Reading, Balloon Animal Making, Food and Fun, Petting Zoo, dunk tank and much more.
- 2:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. Main Stage Entertainment - Rainbow the Clown
Sunday July 22nd, 2012
So dear readers, there is plenty activities afoot.
For those of you who think that it is all going away because council cancelled the Fireworks portion of the weekend festivities, well, I guess you are wrong.
The Rum Runner Day's Committee is committed to making this a fun filled family event, for everyone!! Hopefully local residents will embrace this revised version. It was, after all, originally supposed to be, an event, put on for the families of the Crowsnest Pass.
I will continue to update, as more information becomes available.